“I’ve been there religiously since 1989! Its stunning estuary location, rolling fields, fishing town feel, pubs & beaches it’s the perfect English combination of countryside & coast.”
We’re a travel, tourism and marketing agency specialising in domestic travel and UK holiday companies.
That means our team are UK travel know-it-all’s, frequently setting off on staycation breaks near and far. We wanted to catch up with some of the team to find out where they love to roam at home and what UK destinations are on their bucket-list for a weekend away.
Not quite the English Riviera but Salcombe in Devon has been the holiday destination for nearly a decade for Creative Director, Ed.
Where is your favourite destination?
Have you been there before or is it a place that’s on your bucket list?
I’ve been there religiously between 1989 and 1998.
Why is it your favourite or why do you want to go?
The magnetic pull of pizza and doughnuts from the late-night bakery on Fore Street!
Putting that to one side, I spent many a August bank holiday weekend there camping with friends on a hillside as a supplement to the Greek island fortnight. Salcombe takes an age to reach, ending in a stretch of winding narrow lanes but well worth the wait. With its stunning estuary location, rolling fields, fishing town feel, pubs and beaches it’s the perfect English combination of countryside and coast. Did I mention there’s a late-night bakery?
What are some of your favourite things to do/or you want to do there?
- Eat pizza and doughnuts.
- Have a drink in the Ferry Inn before going across to the other side of the estuary.
- Have a second drink in the Ferry Inn before going across.
- Undertake the dramatic Bolt Head coastal walk – secluded beaches, jagged rocks, fields, cliff top views out to sea.
- Play headers and volleys on the beach at Mill Bay.
- Visit nearby Burgh Island with its iconic Art Deco hotel.
- Morning bacon sandwiches in Captain Morgans café in the town centre.